Since gaining his MSc in Crisis and Disaster Management at the University of Portsmouth; studying the psychology of human adaptability and combined with his background as a martial arts instructor, Andy is ideally positioned to teach about personal safety in all environments.
The emphasis of Andy’s teaching being that avoidance is often the best course of action, which was throughly understood whilst he underwent his Survival Instructor apprenticeship under Conrad’s guiding hand and where they together delivered cutting edge research based training to many clients.
Andy also works as an analyst for one of the country’s leading risk consultancy firms, monitoring potential threats across the globe, advising businesses on how these threats may affect them and on ensuring safety for their staff.
Andy brings a no-nonsense approach to Survival Training and enjoys myth busting the old established and commonly misunderstood survival skills. He dispels the ‘romantic’ notion of survival well; focussing on prevention.
Qualifications and Experience
- MSc in Crisis and Disaster Management at the University of Portsmouth
- Certificate in Security Management
- Fluent French Speaker
- Chinese Mandarin Speaker
- Black belt Karate (Instructor)
- Level 3 Award in Education and Training
- Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Prevention and Control of Infection in Health
- SIA Certification - Door Supervisor and CCTV Operator