Paul is a security consultant with an extensive background in Close Protection and physical security for more than 30 years. He delivers Close Protection services both operationally and training for a range of national and international private and governmental organisations, with consistently excellent feedback. Most recently delivery was given to clients in Beijing, China.
Specialising in the management and development of security solutions in high-profile sensitive environments, together with the development of related health and safety risk management policies and, delivery of specialist security training.
He consistently displays strong analytical skills, in particular, planning and organisation - focusing on high standards and cost-effectiveness.
He delivers bespoke business continuity, incident response, incident management, command, and control training and exercising in line with ISO22301 for specific UK Government departments, following Cabinet Office guidelines.
1996 – 2011 Metropolitan Police Special Branch, New Scotland Yard, responsible for a wide range of operations and initiatives, coordinated multiple armed protection operations both in the UK and overseas
Paul was instrumental in the delivery of national and international close protection of British Government VIPs, dignitaries, and other high profile individuals at risk of terrorist attack.
Along with Conrad, Paul designed, wrote and delivered the Metropolitan Police Hazardous Environment Course based at Bramshill Police College to mitigate corporate risk for the organisation.
He has a national and international personal network of recognised subject matter experts to call upon and a very well recognised LinkedIn network.
Qualifications and Experience
- 2015 Open University Cyber Security Course
- 2015 United Nations Information Security Awareness Advanced Certificate
- 2014 United Nations Advanced Security In The Field (ASITF)
- 2011 SIA Level 3 in Close Protection City Guilds Member of the Security Institute
- NEBOSH Level 6 Diploma professionally qualified
- Graduate member of the Institution of Occupational Safety & Health (IOSH) and was the designated “Competent Person” responsible for health and safety in Specialist Operations Protection Command.
- Level 3 Trainer and Assessor OCR
- Level 3 Conflict Management Trainer City & Guilds
- 1991 - 1996 Metropolitan Police: Force Firearms Unit - Firearms officer deployed in armed response vehicles for London
- Force Firearms Instructor conducting judgemental and evaluation training for serving officers
- 1985 - 1991 Metropolitan Police: Diplomatic Protection Group - Static protection at embassy premises, government buildings and private residences of VIPs
- 1981 – 1985 Metropolitan Police: Uniform / Beat Crimes